Because staying healthy means more than just treating illness.
CFK works with over 100 Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) to educate families in their homes about the services offered by the Tabitha Medical Clinic. Selected by their peers in the community and trained to offer basic health education and assessments, CHVs extend healthful living deep into the community of Kibera. Read more about the Tabitha Medical Clinic.
Community Wellness Programs
- Malnourished children and their families can access a holistic regiment of services at CFK’s Nutrition Center .
- The Sexual and Reproductive Health team works with local Youth Peer Providers to inform residents of and provide them with a variety of health services.
- Free cervical cancer screenings and treatments can be found at the Tabitha Medical Clinic in partnership with Prevention International–No Cervical Cancer (PINCC).
- Water and sanitation education, as well as maternal and
child health education, are promoted through our partnership with Curamericas Global and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
- Emergency services like our response to 2015’s cholera outbreak are organized through CHVs.